Find Birth, Marriage and Death Records
The Provincial Archives of Alberta’s Sandra Thomson Reading Room will be closed for the holiday season from Monday, December 20, 2021 to Monday, January 3, 2022 inclusive.
Vital Statistics records may continue to be requested using the online payment system throughout the holiday season and services will resume on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. As such, a slight delay beyond the normal turnaround time might be experienced.
Birth, marriage, and death records are called Vital Statistics. The Provincial Archives of Alberta holds hundreds of thousands of vital statistic records.
The Provincial Archives of Alberta provides access to:
- birth records that are 120 years or older (from the date of birth)
- marriage records that are 75 years or older (from the date of marriage)
- death records that are 50 years or older (from the date of death)
- stillbirth records that are 75 years or older (from the date of stillbirth)
To access a vital statistics registration:
- Search an index
- Request and pay for your Vital Statistics record by completing a Vital Statistics Request
Listing of vital statistics indexes: