Provincial Archives of Alberta 50th Anniversary
In 2017-18, the Provincial Archives of Alberta (PAA) commemorated 50 years of being open to the public. Making archival resources available to public researchers is central to the PAA’s mandate. Therefore, over 50 weeks starting in April 2017, we shared unique, quirky and important archival records and stories from Alberta’s past.
Over these 50 weeks, we shared:
- “Collections Cards” featuring some of our notable collections;
- “Recipe Cards” providing glimpses into Alberta’s kitchens through time;
- Highlights from the PAA’s institutional history;
- Blog posts that shared stories about how the PAA acquires, preserves and makes archival materials available;
- Videos showcasing PAA events, presentations and highlights.
We invited our public within and beyond Alberta to follow along with the fun on our different social media channels:
For more information, please contact us: