Find Birth, Marriage and Death Records
To improve historical Vital Statistics access and service, all Vital Statistics requests and payments are now made through our online payment system.
Birth, marriage, and death records are called Vital Statistics. The Provincial Archives of Alberta holds hundreds of thousands of vital statistic records.
The Provincial Archives of Alberta provides access to:
- birth records that are 120 years or older (from the date of birth)
- marriage records that are 75 years or older (from the date of marriage)
- death records that are 50 years or older (from the date of death)
- stillbirth records that are 75 years or older (from the date of stillbirth)
To access a vital statistics registration:
- Search an index
- Request and pay for your Vital Statistics record by completing a Vital Statistics Request
Listing of vital statistics indexes: